Volunteer Team Recruitment Officer / Volunteering Coordinator who has experience managing, supporting and recruiting volunteers with excellent organisational and time-management skills is required to join a well-established Charity in Atherton, Wigan, Greater Manchester.
SALARY: £20,599 - £23,174 pro rata
BENEFITS: 26 Days Holiday (pro rata) plus Bank Holidays. A generous pension scheme, life assurance and enhanced pay for parenting and sickness leave. In addition, an Employee Assistance Programme, flexible benefits package and discounts and cashback scheme.
LOCATION: Hybrid role based in the Atherton office and from home
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, 18 Month Fixed Term Contract
WORKING HOURS: 21 hours per week
APPLICATION PROCESS:Once we've reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Volunteer Team Recruitment Officer / Volunteering Coordinator who has experience managing, supporting and recruiting volunteers with excellent organisational and time-management skills.
Working as the Volunteer Team Recruitment Officer / Volunteering Coordinator you will attract and onboard sufficient volunteers to support and grow the Charity's services and income.
The Volunteer Team Recruitment Officer / Volunteering Coordinator will support their local team to deliver a positive volunteering experience and to attract and retain experienced volunteers.
The role is vital to develop and deliver a volunteer recruitment plan, that meets the business needs of the local team.
Your duties as the Volunteer Team Recruitment Officer / Volunteering Coordinator will include:
- Develop and deliver a volunteer recruitment plan
- Oversee the smooth and efficient recruitment of volunteers by advising and supporting volunteer managers through this process
- Support the development and delivery of organisational diversity plans to broaden the volunteer base
- Work with your local team to identify and coordinate training needs for volunteers
- Coordinate and facilitate face-to-face and virtual induction sessions for new volunteers
- Act as a subject matter expert, providing advice on relevant volunteering policies and procedures
- Responsible for managing volunteers to support you and your local team
- Champion award and recognition of volunteers within your local team, including the organisation of recognition events
WORKING AT THE CHARITY
Working at the Charity is much more than just a job. Through the values that guide their work, they make a real difference, and change lives.
They believe that wellbeing at work is about creating an environment to promote a state of contentment which allows all employees to flourish and achieve their full potential for the benefit of themselves and for the Charity.
- Educated to GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
- Experience of Managing and supporting volunteers
- Experience of implementing new working practices within a team
- Proven experience of supporting and advising others on policies and procedures
- An understanding of good practice in volunteer management
- Demonstrable and up to date knowledge of good practice in equality, diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrable and up to date knowledge of GDPR and use of Customer Relationship Management systems
- Relevant and up to date knowledge of safeguarding principles
- Relevant qualification in volunteer management or equivalent
- Experience of creating an inclusive work environment for people with a disability
- Facilitation and/or training skills
- Personal experience of volunteering
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults with whom they work. They expect all of their employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
Please note: we reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we've reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV's of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C9337
Part-Time, Contract, Not for Profit, Charity Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Atherton, Wigan, Greater Manchester, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.