Are you a committed and caring individual with a love for working with pupils on a 1:1 basis?
Do you love to help and nurture children who require extra support in developing their abilities and skills? Are you a level 2 or 3 qualified Teaching assistant? Are you looking to gain confidence and knowledge within the classroom environment while providing support to the class teacher?
This will be an ideal opportunity for you !!!
The client is looking for an individual who can assist teachers in providing a learning environment that enables every child access to curriculum in order to learn and achieve the best of their ability. The ideal candidate the client is looking for is someone who can promote an inclusive school ethos through a supportive, caring nature while building morale and positivity within the classroom between students and teachers alike. The position will be situated within the Blackpool area (FY1) with an inclusive primary school that prides itself on being a diverse, warm and friendly place for learning through the implementation of fun within the classroom and out the classroom. Some students require extra support, special attention and care, due their needs and behaviours. The role will be full time Monday - Friday 8:30 - 3:30 so this position is guaranteed regular work for the ideal candidate.
The school requires someone with a great nature of care, kindness and fun loving attitude, with relevant experience teaching or knowledge of the KS1 curriculum and framework that is able to deliver a level of excellence to pupils, keeping them motivated and on track in order for them to achieve their highest level of ability within education.
You will be providing 1:1 support your role will be to work with a named child, as directed by the class teacher and/or SENCo, to support subjects and learning across the whole curriculum. Also the role will entail the task of helping support and motivate the child, clarifying instructions, encouraging independent learning.
- Support pupils with their learning in 1:1, small groups and the whole class.
- Collaborate with the class teacher regarding targets and expectations
- Liaise with other professionals within the School staff.
- Support the monitoring and tracking of all pupils in line with the assessment procedures in school.
- Helping support the class teacher with IEP's
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the specific academic, physical and emotional/behavioural/medical needs of the child and respond to them effectively
- To assist the class teacher/SENCo with the planning, development and delivery of suitable programmes
- Knowledge of development matters
- Must be an outgoing individual with an ability to engage with pupils to have FUN while learning
- Must be able to work collaboratively and competently within a team
- Must be able to engage learners through play
- Must have childcare Level 2 or above.
- Knowledge of the new KS1 curriculum
- An understanding of SEN or learning needs.
- Knowledge of the new KS1 and KS2 curriculum.
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate.
Benefits working with Randstad:
- Working in a school with a supportive senior leadership team and staff.
- Access to site parking.
- A positive, friendly and supportive work environment.
- Exclusive roles.
- DBS and school application support.
- A dedicated consultant focused on finding you the right roles
- Free career advice.
- Online availability with an App-based booking system.
- Support to edit and improve your CV.
- Online Training.
- Covid-19 online awareness training.
Randstad is committed to the safety of young children; therefore all posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
If you're interested and believe you are an ideal fit for this role please feel free to contact or ring our contact number