APAC Markets Summer Analyst Program 2023 - Sales & Trading
The APAC Markets Division comprises of Sales & Trading teams who cover regional institutional & corporate clients & trade Fixed Income products (e.g. FX, Rates, Credit & Mortgages).
The APAC Markets Summer Analyst Program in 2023 will be divided between Sales & Trading so you will need to decide before you apply on whether you want experience as a 'Salesperson' or 'Trader'. Note, if you chose one role then you will still have exposure to the other role during the Program.
The Program starts in late May 2023 & the duration will be 10 weeks.
It is designed to provide you with the unique opportunity to learn more about our Markets business, culture & how we collaborate to deliver solutions for our clients. The program offers organized activities such as classroom training & networking opportunities to boost your professional development.
Upon joining, you will be allocated to a 'home' team with a manager as well as a 'buddy' who will provide support & guidance throughout your time at Wells Fargo.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include the following depending on whether you select Sales or Trading:
Who We Are Looking For
- Shadowing Salespeople & Traders on a day-to-day basis
- Listening in on client calls & attending client meetings
- On-the-job training about client onboarding, products, trade negotiation & booking processes & related systems / applications
- Monitoring markets & helping to formulate trade ideas
- Performing analyses & identifying market trends
- Taking the lead on sales / trading projects
We are looking for students who can demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, critical thinking & excellent communication skills. Students from all majors & who have the personal traits below are invited to apply:
- Demonstrable interest in financial markets & starting a career in Asia Pacific
- A personality that is energetic, flexible, organized, conscientious, proactive, & detail-oriented
- An ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines & achieve goals, all whilst working in a dynamic & complex environment
- Demonstrable sense of personal accountability & urgency for achieving results
- Proficiency in both English & a regional language
- Studying towards completing a Bachelor's degree with an expected graduation between December 2023 & May 2024
- Students who can work in our Hong Kong offices without a visa (Note, any international travel costs to or from Hong Kong to participate in the program will not be reimbursed by Wells Fargo)
Application Period : Sep 2022
Interview Process : Oct - Nov 2022
Offers Extended : Early Dec 2022
Program Begins : Late May 2023
Program Ends : Late Jul 2023 Please note this job requisition is for students applying for Markets - Sales division (Hong Kong). We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.