VolkerHighways is an integrated highways service provider operating across London and the South of England. Our goal is to deliver the best highways solutions within our industry through efficiency, responsibility and a focus on clients and their customers.
Our services include highways term maintenance, street lighting and electrical services, surfacing, traffic management and public realm infrastructure projects. We also offer Smart City services, through VolkerSmart Technologies.
We help clients to focus on their customers' needs; using highways solutions based on safety, resident and business needs, asset management and asset improvement.
Our repeat business is testament to the valued services we deliver, through a culture of cooperation and partnership. We bring industry best practice and innovation to our clients by taking a leading role in the civil engineering industry and sharing in the expertise of our wider VolkerWessels UK group. The role
We are now looking for a Street Lighting Operative to join the team on our project in Kingston and Sutton. The successful candidate will provide support for electrical installations, repairs, planned maintenance and new installations. Key accountabilities
Skills & experience Other
- Assisting with the installation of signs/columns, bollards and associated equipment.
- 24 hour Emergency Response/Out of Hours Standby.
- Assisting with the installation of any new build works.
- Carry out works as instructed by the Site Supervisor in a safe manner, within the scope if relevant duties.
- Electrical inspection and testing including periodic testing.
- Fault diagnosis and repair.
- Ensure vehicles are maintained to a high standard, with vehicle defect sheet completed correctly.
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits