The Sr. Director role is responsible for leading a global team that supports both business critical network operations and challenging network engineering projects. The candidate must be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, manage conflicting operational and business priorities, provide strong team leadership, and help drive the firm's technology forward.
- Communicate complex technical issues calmly and clearly to internal and external stakeholders, including CME senior management and external customers.
- Provide leadership, direction, and strategy for a global team of engineers with varying levels of experience. Ensure the team is engaged, collaborative, and cohesive. Navigate difficult conversations within the team as well as externally and with senior leadership.
- Lead decision making process with stakeholders regarding deviations from agreed scope, schedule and cost. Clearly set internal and external expectations, managing delivery based on resources available.
- Lead the team through the transition from an on-premise, functionally organized group to a cloud-centric organization of network site reliability engineers.
- 8-10 years experience managing technical teams.
- Proven track record as a manager of delivering enterprise-level solutions.
- Strong ability to comprehend and discuss technical problems with internal and external engineers independently.
- Strong knowledge of and experience managing routing and switching protocols, multicast, firewalls, load balancers, VPNs, and other large enterprise network technologies.
- Experience managing 24x7 environments with 30,000+ systems at scale.
- Experience managing a global team located in multiple time zones and countries.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovation successfully.
- Experience with SRE principles (observability, SLOs, SLIs, logging and monitoring).
- Experience with Agile project delivery and iterative delivery practices (CI/CD).
- Experience managing software defined networks (SDNs).
- Experience running a team in a cloud-based network organization or transforming an on-premise enterprise organization into a 3rd party cloud provider.
- Strong desire to reduce manual operational work and fully automate all aspects of configuration and change management.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group () is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.