Sr Financial Analyst - FP&A Description
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. Were investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve peoples lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, were a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth. Job Description Summary
The Bank of the West Corporate FP&A team is looking for a detail-oriented and strategically minded senior financial analyst to join our team. The senior financial analyst's responsibilities include assisting with financial planning and budgeting processes, analyzing financial statements and reports, preparing projections, performing research and analysis, and assisting in monthly close process. As a senior financial analyst, you will also coordinate and participate in the design, testing, implementation, and review of complex manual and automated financial and management accounting systems and processes.
Responsible for supporting the corporate financial planning and analysis team with operations and analytics. Performs a variety of complex duties including the collection and analysis of financial data from reports and various sources; performs statistical analyses. Prepares materials for distribution to the board of directors and executive management committee. Perform in-depth analysis and provide meaningful insights to senior leadership. Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Prepares management reporting and analysis to Executive Management, Board of Directors and Shareholders. Ensures meaningful and relevant information while guaranteeing data integrity and accuracy.
- Performs monthly review and evaluation of actual financial performance compared to budget and prior year of the total bank and individual business units. May partner with divisions within the business unit in support of FP&A activities.
- Ensures the integration of the budgeting and planning data and with general ledger for monthly reporting of actual against budget.
- Perform monthly management allocations process, including gathering data and performing calculations, in order to complete the month end process to deliver fully-allocated segmented financials for the Bank and its Lines of Business
- Participates in system implementation and process improvement projects; e.g. implementation of planning and cost allocation modules of Oracles System 9 product (essbase)..
- Researches relevant business developments in the organization and/or within the industry.
- Assists with the integration of acquired entities into the unit profitability reporting and budgeting processes.
- May assist in the annual production of bank financials for goodwill assessment
Qualifications Required Experience
- Proactively communicates with management and the parent company on potential reporting issues and proposes solutions and alternatives.
- Ensures the integration of the budgeting and planning data with the general ledger for monthly reporting of actual against budget.
- May plan, conduct and supervise long-term projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of Financial Accounting and Management Accounting concepts
- Prior experience in FP&A, Shareholder Reporting or Business Line Finance analyst roles
- Retrieving and inputting financial data into Oracle Hyperion financial systems
- Analyzing financial statements and writing variance analysis and commentary for executives
- Analyzing Bank financial statements is a plus
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Working Location Statement
- Complete knowledge of financial analysis and principles of economics of financial and cost accounting
- Complete knowledge of financial institution balance sheet, profit and loss and analysis techniques
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry
- Knowledge of Hyperion & Essbase
- Superior Excel modeling and analysis skills
- Excellent Power Point presentation ability required
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factor
- Time Management and organizational leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams
- Skill coordinating and leading effective meetings
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong professional communication and presentation skills.
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY. Annual Hiring Range:
$75,000 - $170,000
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
- In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for annual incentives.
- The base salary opportunity can vary based on candidates geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West may require all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated may undergo regular testing. Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.Job:
Accounting Finance Location:
United States-California-General CA Other Locations:
United States-Wisconsin-General WI, United States-Missouri-General MO, United States-North Dakota-General ND, United States-Nevada-General NV, United States-Minnesota-General MN, United States-Kansas-General KS, United States-Michigan-General MI, United States-New York-General NY, United States-Ohio-General OH, United States-New Mexico-General NM, United States-South Dakota-General SD, United States-Wyoming-General WY, United States-Arizona-General AZ, United States-Oregon-General OR, United States-Nebraska-General NE, United States-Iowa-General IA, United States-Utah-General UT, United States-Georgia-General GA, United States-Washington-General WA, United States-Florida-General FL, United States-Oklahoma-General OK, United States-North Carolina-General NC, United States-Idaho-General ID, United States-Texas-General TX, United States-Illinois-General IL Requisition ID: