Location: Brighton Head Office
Contract type: Full Time - Permanent
We are Study Group. We are a global leader in international education partnering with students and Top Tier Universities from all over the world. We believe in a creating a better world through education, and value talented, driven, and student centred people that believe the same.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Treasury Analyst to join the Treasury team at Study Group. In this role you will contribute to the Company's success by ensuring an efficient banking structure to support the Company's global operations. You will support all aspects of Treasury Operations activities which includes managing day-to-day banking relationships and all administrative aspects of setting up bank accounts, ensuring signatories are correct and user access is appropriate. You will assist with the development of cash management banking solutions for all business segments of the company and support the cash forecasting process.
You will manage the cash flow for the Company, maintain excellent relationships with our banking partners and collaborate with the wider finance team to determine how to manage company assets. As part of this, you will meet with stakeholders and develop an in-depth understanding of the Group's cash flows in order to produce accurate cash forecasts over the short and medium term and report on actual cash flow against forecasts and banking covenants.
- Update cash forecasting and bank balance report on a weekly basis. Analyse debtors to show impact on potential cash position and ultimately ensure that there is enough cash to meet daily and short-term demands
- Produce accurate and timely consolidated cash flow reports on a monthly basis and make recommendations on cash flow management
- Contribute to monthly and annual cash forecasting and budgeting cycles
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reporting for banking and lending stakeholders
- Ensure that the Group's cash and liquidity are managed efficiently within the policy
- Ensure there are sufficient funds (in all currencies) for all businesses on a daily basis. This involves ascertaining positions with any funds required being borrowed or cash surpluses repaid.
- Monitoring daily Group currency cash positions
- Liaise with Finance teams to ascertain short- and medium-term cash, payment forecasts and FX requirements via cash forecasts and other means
- Monitor, analyse, manage and report on financial risk exposures of the Group within policy
- Implementation of FX hedging and FX conversion strategies by buying and selling foreign currency using derivative contracts
- Identifying improvements in the current bank and cash management processes in order to streamline and reduce costs
- Ensure the most cost-effective sourcing of currency is used in order to reduce exposure to currency fluctuations in the country and within the Group
- Manage cash surpluses generated from operating activities and oversee the management of the Group's liquidity portfolio
- Settling intercompany settlements across the Group
- Management of external loan facilities and drawdown administration
- Maintain day-to-day relationships with banking partners, ensuring all bank mandates are up to date and that the Group is conforming to all banking regulatory requirements (including Sanctions, AML and internal policies).
- Maintain banking user access to ensure users have the correct access for day-to-day payments management.
- Oversight of opening, closing and maintenance of bank accounts for the Group
- Development and maintenance of strong working relationships with global finance teams as required in relation to treasury activities
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Group's Senior Facilities Agreement and ensure compliance is maintained effectively and efficiently
- Maintain operating relationships with 3rd party payment providers and ensure efficient processes for students' payments and refunds.
- Professional accounting or treasury qualification preferred (or suitable relevant experience)
- Using a range of finance/MI systems
- Working in a global role
- Experience using online banking platforms, treasury systems and accounting systems
- Experience working in an international treasury function. Experience of developing and preparing international cashflow reports (preferred)
- Experience in developing fund flows policies and protocols and successfully implementing them (preferred)
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with over 50 universities around the world, offering over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Voted as 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class education to talented students from across the globe.
With a truly global outlook and offices all over the world, our international team uses its expertise, knowledge, and commitment to create opportunities and add value. We are determined to grow and innovate in our field, providing our students and partners with high-quality outcomes across the higher education space.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.