Senior Technical Underwriter
Zurich North America is looking for a Senior Technical Underwriter for our Liability Line of Business Technical Underwriting Team. Ideally this role will be based out of Zurichs North American Headquarters in Schaumburg, Illinois but there is flexibility in the location of this role.
The Senior Technical Underwriter provides technical underwriting expertise and guidance on liability matters to the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) Leaders and Underwriters and acts independently as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the Liability Line of Business (LOB) in support of the achievement of business plans and directives.
The Senior Technical Underwriter, Liability responsibilities include:
- Working with cross-functional resources and to gather, organize, visualize and report on key metrics, portfolio analysis and ongoing underwriting strategies and initiatives
- Work with Technical Director, teammates, actuaries and key stakeholders to complete portfolio deep dives on key topics, sensitivities, opportunities, competitive intel and emerging issues
- Evaluating emerging trends and delivering insights to business partners through active engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Contributing to the development of technical standards, controls, and practices in Liability Line of Business
- Leading initiatives that have a high impact on the development of Liability Technical Underwriting guidelines, and best practices, including controls and procedures
- Monitoring underwriting strategy relating to performance metrics, data, and insights
- Handling complex queries and referrals within delegated authority
- Acting as subject matter expert to develop Liability Technical Underwriting training content.
- Through collaboration with key stakeholders and individual learning, candidate will commit time to learning new skills that will bring efficiency to the team
Senior Technical Underwriter Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Underwriting areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Underwriting area
Applicable Only to Jobs to be Performed Remotely in any US state
- Strong knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills
The salary range for this role is $100,880-$126,100. This is the range Zurich NA in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performedremotely in any US state.Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensationuntil such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please clickhere () to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Remote Work (US), AM - Schaumburg
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: