0.9 FTE / Nights - This job is eligible for the $12,500 relocation reimbursement through the Care in Montana program. SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
The Registered Respiratory Therapist will administer respiratory care to patients with cardiopulmonary system deficiencies and abnormalities and will train and act as a resource for respiratory department.
- Montana Licensure (Registered Respiratory Therapist)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Certification (NBRC)
- American Heart Association BLS required upon 6 months of hire.
- American Heart Association ACLS required upon 6 months of hire.
- American Heart Association PALS required upon 6 months of hire.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required upon 8 months of hire.
- Preferred: 1 year of experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains knowledge of the various methods of oxygen delivery, including the necessary equipment, and potential side effects.
- Administers respiratory therapy and nebulized medications.
- Sets-up and monitors mechanical ventilators and the associated critical care duties required for such treatment for all age groups.
- Performs arterial punctures to obtain arterial blood samples for blood gas analysis, understands the possible complications and contraindications associated with the procedure, and appropriate treatment based on result interpretation.
- Records patient treatment, response, and progress.
- Inspects, tests, maintains, and operates respiratory therapy equipment.
- Works with other departments and disciplines to coordinate patient care.
- Attends department meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced math skills; ability to collect, analyze, interpret and/or present complex data.
- Detail oriented, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work in a busy and stressful environment.
- Ability to work varied shifts.
- Exercises tact, discretion, sensitivity and maintains confidentiality.
- Computer applications, MS Office, EMR, internet applications and standard office equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job classification. They are not to be construed as a contract of any type nor an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by individuals so classified.