Hours of Work:
37.5 hours per week - normal hours 9 a.m. - 5.30 p.m.
Department/Section: Residential Lettings
Reports to (Job Title): Residential Lettings Supervisor
Salary: To be negotiated, subject to experience
We are seeking an experienced Residential Lettings Assistant to act as a support to our busy Residential Lettings Department. The role will involve being mainly office based but some external viewings and inspections may also be required.
- Taking telephone calls from potential applicants and loading information onto database (Reapit);
- Arranging viewings for applicants to view available properties and liaising with current tenants where appropriate;
- Arranging photographs to be taken for advertising purposes;
- Preparing particulars for new properties;
- Keeping landlords advised of developments;
- Sending out references and chasing them through to completion;
- Agreeing terms of new tenancy with both prospective tenant and landlords;
- Dealing with maintenance issues, instructing contractors and liaising with landlords;
- Arranging for keys to be cut;
- Undertaking viewings;
- Undertaking inspections;
- Dealing with tenancy renewals and rent increases;
- Serving S21 and S143 notices as required;
- Dealing with end of tenancy matters to include return of deposits.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with a wide-ranging mix of people
- Be a team worker
- Driving licence essential