Alight unlocks enterprise growth for the worlds most influential companies with future-ready human capital and business solutions. We combine industry leading data and insights with unmatched depth and operational expertise to improve the employee experience and optimize cloud-enabled business processes. Our 15,000 colleagues proudly serve thousands of clients and their more than 30 million employees and family members throughout 180 countries. Learn how Alight helps organizations of all sizes, including over 70% of the Fortune 100, achieve next level transformation at .
The Quality Assurance Analyst is part of the Quality Assurance team. The QA Analyst will be responsible for the testing of Alight Solutions software products such as SmartBen, SmartBen eligibility verification (f/k/a Sentry) and SmartBen ACA reporting (f/k/a Gatekeeper) using standard quality assurance best practices with a primary focus on manual testing.
The QA Analyst is responsible for verifying the quality of Alight Solutions products via feature and/or regression testing. Will design, develop, document, and execute detailed test scripts/cases to ensure the delivery of a quality software product that meets or exceeds client specifications. The QA Analyst will work as an embedded member of an Agile development team alongside software developers, product owners, product managers with deliverables of detailed test cases to the automated test engineering team. What Youll Do:
What youll Need:
- Development, documentation, execution, tracking, and results reporting of detailed manual test cases for assigned projects
- Analyze project requirements and product objectives to create, maintain, and execute suite of test cases
- Estimate test efforts, analyze, and communicate test results, track defects, and participate in a day-to-day QA activity
- Creation of detailed bugs for all issues discovered during test execution
- Management/delivery of assigned enhancements/bugs within each two-week Sprint cycle
- Track progress/results and manage personal work schedule
- Work closely in partnership with Software Development and Product team members in an Agile SDLC environment
- Work with other enabler teams for projects such as DevOps tools and automated test development.
- Meeting deadlines for the assigned tasks.
- Ensuring all projects follow corporate security policies.
- Learning new tools and processes when required
- Other ad hoc projects
- Initial automated test development possibly utilizing test generation tools such as Playwright Codegen.
What We Would Like:
- Expertise in breaking down feature requirements to design efficient targeted & end-to-end testing scenarios
- Software testing experience, preferably in a Windows environment
- Strong ability to anticipate what end-users might do incorrectly (negative testing) to ensure a robust solution
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the benefits management and administration industry
- Excellent communication, project management, time management, planning, organization, and multitasking skills
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, manage competing priorities, and complete tasks on-time in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle stress during high activity and peak volume periods
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 1-4 years of relevant job experience
What We Offer:
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Pro-actively works on his/her own development and serves as a role model for those on his/her team
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Previous experience taking ownership of validating features/functionality and certifying projects end-to-end with high quality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Project, and Word
- Enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- The opportunity to work with latest technology stacks in the industry
- An environment of inclusive to diversity of thought
- Work Virtually
- Employee Appreciation Programs
- Wellness Program
- Healthcare Insurance
- Vacation / Paid Time Off
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Sick Days
- 401(K) Plan
- Employee Development Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Resource Groups & Diversity Programs
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alights employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained
throughout the organization. And were committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging
that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve .
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement. Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter. Authorization to work in the United States
Applicants for employment in the United States must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Alight. Note, this job description does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Pay Transparency Statement in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the New York City pay transparency ordinance, and any other similar laws or ordinances:Alight takes into consideration a candidates experience, education, certification/credentials, market data, and internal equity when determining an offer for a successful employment candidate, and Alight does so on an individualized, non-discriminatory basis. Therefore, an offer may fall anywhere in between the estimated minimum base salary for this role of $51,800.00/year (for full time employees) and the estimated maximum base salary for this role of $99,400.00/year (for full time employees). Alight also offers a comprehensive benefits package; for specific details on our benefits package, please visit: DISCLAIMER:
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.