The Project Manager reports to Head of Delivery and is responsible for ensuring the project deliverables she/he works on meet the client requirements and are delivered safely, on time and within budget across a wide range of activities.
- Manage a ranch of projects, with multiple live contracts at different stages of design/construction/commissioning.
- Oversee and monitor the Health & Safety management of the project, ensuring the relevant RAMs are in place for all internal and external works and all near misses, incidents and accidents are reported in line with the relevant processes.
- Ensure FairHeat is fully compliant with the Construction and Design Management Regulatory (CDM 2015) and ensure that all legal duties are carried out, documented and regularly reviewed.
- Monitor and measure project expenditure against budgets throughout the project lifecycle and report to line management.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Clients and other key stakeholders.
- Advice our clients on their CDM 2015 duties and provide support as required to assist them with the management of these duties.
- Manage tender processes for both design and contractor packages, including preparation of bid materials, review of tender responses, responding to RFIs and making recommendations to the Head of Delivery on appointments.
- Overall contract management to ensure the work is being delivered in line with the contractual scope/appointments.
- Manage the projects during delivery. This will involve ensuring the contracted scope is delivered within the agreed budget and timescales. You will be expected to own and manage the project risk registers and use these as your primary communication tool to internal and external stakeholders on project risks, delays, changes and opportunities.
- Ensure the projects have sufficient resources allocated to them, and that the resources have suitable experience, competence and training to deliver the scope of works under the contract. This will involve the production and management of project programs/Gantt charts/coordinated resource plans.
- BEng or MEng degree in a relevant engineering discipline OR equivalent qualification in construction/project management.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in project management and/or technical management of M&E systems/heat networks.
- A CSCS Card.
- SMSTS/SSSTS qualified.
- A HSE recognised First Aid at work qualification.
- Engineering project management experience of M&E systems, ideally heat networks.
- Budget and contract management of construction packages, ideally M&E and/or heat networks.