Our client is a dynamic and highly service orientated and FCA regulated, Multi Family Investment Office. They offer investment and portfolio management services to a small number of ultra-high net worth clients and with expansion, are looking to grow the investment team and are seeking like-minded, ambitious people to join them. The successful candidate will share their values of investing with integrity and conviction, offering outstanding client service and show passion and commitment to their role.
This is purely an investment office, providing no other services but creating bespoke portfolios for their UHNW clients, sourcing their own research, enabling them to directly address their individual client needs.
- FCA competent
- Degree educated
- Excel and MS Office proficiency (Pivot tables, VBA, etc.)
- CFA preferred
An experienced Portfolio Manager with securities selection and portfolio construction experience to complement the CIO's endowment-style investment approach:
- An experienced Portfolio Manager with securities selection and portfolio construction experience to complement the CIO's endowment-style investment approach:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in security analysis/research (i.e. a PM who started as an analyst - not macro or asset allocation).
- Cross-assets experience preferred with knowledge of both equity and credit instruments and markets (but general analysis background is also good).
- Past work to include buy-side and portfolio management experience.
- Preference will be given towards a generalist over a specialist (all-rounder, familiar with several assets classes, industries and sectors).
- Ability to lead conversations in investment meetings.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion about investing and markets, a calculated risk taker.
- Enthusiasm about companies and investment analysis).
- Experience with Derivatives (Futures & Options) and FX Hedging preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to produce high quality work. Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Flexible, extremely diligent, self-motivated, tenacious.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Team player
- Methodological and consistent approach towards work processes and tasks.
- Strong English language skills, skills to create reports for clients and market content
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Work directly with the CIO on the generation, portfolio construction and implementation of investment ideas and portfolio strategy across all asset classes.
- Lead on risk management and day-to-day management of client portfolios.
- Screening and evaluating investment opportunities across asset classes, both direct and fund investments.
- Fundamental research on global sectors, stocks, fixed income, and fund investments.
- Back-up to trader for execution of trades in Stocks, ETFs, Mutual Funds, Credit, Fixed Income, FX, Futures and Options.
- Monitor the investment portfolio.
- Cash and short-term liquidity management.
- Analyse performance attribution and risk reporting to adjust portfolios as necessary.
- Establish and sustain connections with bank derivative desks and ETF and Mutual Fund providers.
- Prepare materials for and participate in the Investment Committee
The successful candidate will have a broad range of experience including Analysis, Trading and Asset Allocation but is experienced enough to have gained a strategic understanding of investing across a broad range of assets.