(Local, Southern California applicants sought - NO RELOCATION OFFERED.)
The primary functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Mold making (fiberglass and silicone) and model making
- Fiberglass repairing and manufacturing (casting parts in materials such as urethanes, epoxies and resins)
- The fabrication of "MACON parts" and the repair and refurbishment of Disney character heads
Other functions include:
New Higher Pay Rate! The starting pay rate for this position is $31.63 per hour.Basic Qualifications : Schedule Availability
- Plastering normal finishes and simulated finishes (i.e., rock work, brick, stone and wood)
- The removal and installation of tile brick pavers, concrete and asphalt
- This includes shop work, as well as field and rehab work, ranging from construction to the intricacies of the refurbishment of character heads or model making.
- It requires the ability to read blue prints, follow engineering instructions and use normal hand tools and power tools.
- This position provides support to Engineering, and all maintenance teams including attractions, ride and show, and infrastructure facilities.
Technical Abilities and Experience Primary Qualifications
- Must be open to any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, with any combination of days off
- Experience making and using molds (fiberglass and silicone) highly preferred
- Experience making models
- Experience plastering, applying or carving simulated finishes in plaster (i.e., rock work, wood, stone, brick, etc.)
- Ability to work with fine and delicate character heads while performing repairs or rehabs
Additional Information :
- Ability to work with cementitious materials, resins, epoxies, adhesives, acrylics, urethanes, molds, models and basic tools required of a Plasterer or a typical maintenance position
- Familiarity with safety procedures and equipment necessary to accomplish tasks listed previously
- Ability to read
- Ability to read, interpret and follow blueprints, checklists, written procedures and/or processes
- Familiarity with or the ability to learn the Computerized Maintenance Management System (MAXIMO)
Those assigned to the Plasterer Shop Hand position are required to attend an annual Hearing Conservation Training class, Respiratory Protection Training class and a Lead Awareness class. They are also required to submit to an annual medical evaluation, fit test, audiometric exam and a semi-annual lead/zinc blood test.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs , DLRResortRoles, DLR Resort Roles, Facilities, HeroesWorkHere, pneumatic tools, manlift, forklift, scissors lift, truck, bicycle, blue prints,engineering, MAXIMO, cement, pavers, asphalt, tile