Hospital is looking to add a FULL TIME/ PART TIME/ OR PRN Medical/Hematology Oncologist to their well-established team
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Credentialing done by Medical Staff department.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.
Work Experience: 1-2 years preferred, New Graduates welcomed.