Job DescriptionMD/DO - Family Medicine PhysicianThe Perfect Oceanfront Destination Awaits You...The Community - Virginia Beach, VA
Finding great outdoor fun and adventure here is easy. Deciding among the options is the challenge. The waters of the Atlantic Ocean and the Chesapeake Bay are obvious draws, but swimming and beach time is just the beginning. Virginia Beach offers a variety of music and arts venues, a dozen public golf courses, miles and miles of hiking and biking paths, and our ever-growing Town Center is a gathering place offering dining, shopping and the 1,300 seat Sandler Center for the Performing Arts. The Farm Bureau Live Amphitheater is a 20,000 seat outdoor concert venue featuring national acts. Beach Street USA is a summer-long concert along the boardwalk, while all across the city; you can enjoy relaxing outdoor dining and fresh-caught seafood. The Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art explores the significant art of our time with changing exhibitions from national and international artists, just minutes from the oceanfront. And for an up-close look at the amazing world of underwater life off our shores, the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center is 700,000 gallons of mystery and entertainment. The touch tanks, exhibits and live animal habitats make it one of the top ten visited museums in the country.Boone Branch Health Clinic
Boone Branch Health Clinic in Virginia Beach, Virginia has proudly served the military and their families since 1830 making it the Navy's oldest continuously running hospital in the Navy medical system. Nationally acclaimed, this state of the art medical center with ten branch clinics offers premier research and teaching programs designed to prepare new doctors, nurses and hospital corpsmen for the future. This patient driven TRICARE facility is entrusted with the health readiness of the United States armed forces. Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, proudly serving those who serve us so well.POSITION OVERVIEW (duties include but are not limited to)
- Physician WILL NOT be required to provide Obstetrics (OB) services.
- Provide a full range of physician services in accordance with privileges granted by the Commanding Officer.
- Technically guide, perform, or assist in the instruction of other health care professionals seeing patients within the scope of their clinical privileges or responsibilities.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable. Request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
- Technically guide and teach other medical staff, and provide educational lectures and participate in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Such guidance and interaction will adhere to Government and professional clinical standards and accepted clinical protocols. This requirement is consistent with the personal services nature of the contract
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
- Must possess a Doctorate Degree in Medicine from an accredited college approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association, a Doctorate degree in Osteopathy from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association, or permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Must have successfully completed a residency program in Family Medicine.
- Possess board certification in Family Medicine as determined by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) or from the American Osteopathic Association.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid, unrestricted license (corresponding to the specialty required by the task order) in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess a minimum of one (1) year experience within the preceding two (2) years.
- Possess and Maintain certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) as approved through the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Possess and maintain a current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration number (certificate) to prescribe controlled substances as listed in 21 C.F.R. 1308.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a government security clearance.