Our mission at GoCo is to help small businesses spend less time on manual, painful, and complex HR tasks, so they can focus on growing happier, more productive teams. Backed by notable investors such as Salesforce Ventures and named one of the best places to work in Houston, were a close-knit team driven by honesty, hard work, fun and creativity. At GoCo every team member has a big impact on our business, and on the world!
What will I be doing?
- Coaching and managing other Payroll Specialists
- Educating/mentoring bright and motivated personalities to thrive in a Payroll Specialist role
- Getting to know the clients' problems first hand, while being excited about finding solutions and building processes
- Working with clients to obtain all documents and information needed to provision and set up embedded pay platforms.
- Assist with processing, data entry, validation, reconciliation, and auditing for Monthly/Semi-monthly/bi-weekly/weekly payrolls using HRIS/Payroll systems
- Perform quality audits of information entered into platform from other systems to ensure accuracy of employee taxes, deductions and earnings.
- Perform trainings directly with clients on processing payroll end to end.
- Corresponding with clients and employees, acting as a subject matter expert to resolve escalations.
- Manage a pipeline of clients and tickets, ensuring each are managed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Partners with client success leadership to identify training and process improvements.
- Collaborate with colleagues on multiple projects ranging from training development, project management and escalation/trouble ticket management.
- Constantly looks for opportunities to improve the payroll process and acts proactively to help resolve client escalations.
- 2+ years of experience managing a multi-state payroll department with over 50 employees
- Management experience
- Experience in the weeds of payroll and servicing clients
- Experience with Workers Comp and 401(k) audits
- Must be comfortable interacting collaboratively with employees and external vendors
- Ready to take on a new challenge of building this department with us
- Maintains an extremely high level of confidentiality, professionalism, and integrity
- Ability to catch on quickly and thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Industry knowledge, specifically in human resources, benefits and/or software, is a big plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and independently
- Collaborative, positive attitude, and self-motivated
Benefits and Perks
- Insurance benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance, and more
- Equity/Stock options
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
You can learn more about our culture, mission, and perks here:
Powered by JazzHR