This is a unique DevOps role requiring experience working in cross-disciplinary teams, skills to transform the enterprise with cloud-native tech stacks, and a desire to join us building & running the next generation platform for banking payments
Our Ideal Candidate
- Design, test and maintain highly available and secure software platforms for bank payments
- On-call rotation as a site reliability engineer in payments
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders, vendors and other engineering teams working on payments-related goa ls
- Production experience with mission critical systems as SRE, software developer, or sysadmin.
- Familiarity with multi-tier, SOA and microservice software architectures
- Programming with Python, Shell script and at least one compiled language like Java
- Orchestration of workloads running on Linux and K8s
- Observability and alerting with Datadog, ELK, New Relic or similar.
- Provisioning infrastructure as code, Terraform
- RDBMS cluster experience and understanding of ACID
- High-level comprehension of standard cryptographic algorithms, PGP and the TLS protocol
- Background in software engineering
- Background in high-performance or low-latency computing
- Running workloads on Serverless/Lambda and Windows
- Kafka, RabbitMQ, NATS, IBM MQ
- Advanced certificates for AWS, Kubernetes or other cloud native ecosystems
- Infra-As-Code: AWS CloudFormation, CDK
- Configuration & workload management with CloudFront, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack
About Standard Chartered
- Familiarity with Hong Kong payments rails such as FPS
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website