National Head of Transport, Salary: c£60-70k + car + excellent benefits package, National role with flexibility on candidate location.
We have an exciting opportunity for a National Head of Transport to join the market leading provider of Portable cabins, Secure Storage Solutions, Modular buildings and associated products. The company have sites and depots network across the UK. Applicants will need to have experience in a similar Head of Transport / Head of Logistics role.
The Head of Transport will lead and manage the portfolio of transport, logistics and service offerings across the UK depot network and customer sites. Specific portfolio scope for:
- Performance management of national haulage providers
- Tankers and fencing operations and planning
- Internal plant and equipment
- Transport compliance management oversight
- Driving Health and Safety across the business and geographically spread team, including the third party haulage providers
- P&L management of Logistics budget - to be achieved through clear process alignment, reporting and KPIs delivered across the matrix organisation
- Budget setting, monitoring, management and control to achieve optimum value for money and cost efficiencies in the transport functions
- Contractual and performance management of transport partners, ensuring SLA's and high-level customer experience is achieved
- Overall governance of transport planning activities, embedding best practice across all regions
- Management of national plant and equipment, maximising supplier agreements (cost and service)
- Leading strategic projects for overall optimisation of plant management, specifically electrifications programmes across UK operations.
- Lead the long term strategy on vehicle fleet integration across legacy businesses and operations to optimise overall cost base whilst enabling excellent customer service delivery. To include the internal courier management across site operations
- Ensure vehicle fleet (HGV, LGV, Cars, Vans) remain compliant across all aspects of legislation, including FORS accreditation
- Service delivery responsibility for tanker and fencing operations, driving continued P&L performance and growth of business opportunity
- Deliver year-on-year cost reductions through driving continuous improvement initiatives across the business
- Management, training and development of a team of Logistics professionals and their career progression
- Experience in a similar Head of Transport / Logistics, Transport Director or similarrole, preferably at group / multi-site / national level
- Experience across warehouse and transport operations
- Proven experience managing couriers and third-parties with ability to demonstrate cost-reduction and service improvements
- Analysing current transportation operations practices to determine process and cost improvement opportunities
- Ownership of short to mid-term (1-3 years) execution of functional strategy and the operational performance associated with management of transport haulage
- Complex, multi-functional problem solving and process improvements
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then please apply by attaching your CV.
Equal opportunities and diversity: Our client respect and value differences and are passionate about their people, their customers and the planet. They nurture an environment where all differences are valued, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. They are committed to building a culture that brings together the very best of their people and their unique skills, experiences, abilities and where they can flourish. In joining the team, you will be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge as part of a collaborative team that is helping to innovate and play a part in building a better future and creating value for their customers, their people, society and the planet.