Due to continued success and growth, our client are looking for an experienced Mechanical Field Service Engineer who has extensive knowledge and exposure within the food processing industry. If you are a Mechanical Field Service Engineer looking to develop your career and join a privately owned successful and reputable engineering organisation then this would be the role. Working with an established team of other dynamic Field Service Engineers within the food processing industry, our client service and support needs are currently spread world-wide including UK, Spain, Russia, Romania, South Africa, Greece, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Israel, India, Iraq, Egypt, and Pakistan. My client are offering a competitive salary, a van or car for business and private use and other Benefits plus overtime bringing P60 earnings to a high level.
Mechanical Field Service Engineer
Working as part of a team and your own initiative, you will need to fulfil the needs associated with the maintenance and mechanical support within the Potato Processing,Crisp and Snack Industry.
You will be directly liaising with other mechanical/ gas commissioning engineers whilst also being pro-active dealing with service requirements with the customer/ end user. This will require a level of professionalism expected for this type of role.
Your role as a Mechanical Field Service Engineer includes but not limited to the following.
- Third party equipment installation/ commissioning,
- Mechanical overhaul and supervision of process equipment.
- Annual maintenance of process equipment.
- Mechanical upgrades and commissioning of process equipment.
- Companies Project Department support
- Overseas travel is sometimes required at short notice.
- Provide support to Gas Field Service Engineers during routine servicing.
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Basic Electrical experience on low voltage/ medium.
- Mechanical qualifications with a good skill set and knowledge and understanding of process systems.
- Basic welding and fabrication skills.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience.
- Ideally from the food or other relating process industry - preference will be given to candidates with strong food industry experience.
- A strong engineering background.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, and flexible approach and willing to travel at sometimes late notice and for extended durations.
- Excellent people skills and clear communicator with the ability to form strong customer relationships.
- Computer literate/comfortable with working knowledge of Microsoft Office range of programs
This role is based just outside of Peterborough and is easily commutable from Hampton, Orton, Stamford, Grantham, Oundle, Wisbech, Kings Lynn, Northampton, Corby, Bourne.