The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We're a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
No matter the brand, we're united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we're transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion - and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen - there's only one thing to do: join our table and let's make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level - from entry-level intern to senior leader - to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners - to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz - which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You're expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level - and you'll be rewarded. You're given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won't do it alone. You're supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
Kraft Heinz the 3rd largest food and beverage Company in North America and the 5th largest food and beverage company in the world is seeking Machine Operators for its Winchester, VA Ready to Drink plant. We are looking for Team Members that will support our mission to be the BEST and grow a better world. Individuals who are looking for a career, not just a job!!
- Minimum of 3 years of previous machine operating experience
- Stable work history
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
Kraft Heinz is an EO employer - Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled and other protected categories
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
Comprehensive benefits package available after 30 days that can be customized based on employee's personal elections. Benefit offering includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401K with company match & annual profit sharing
- Bonus potential
- Wellbeing program
- Perfect Attendance Recognition
- Paid Vacation (2 weeks, prorated first year based on month hired)
- Sick time (paid days after 1 year of service)
- 10 paid Holidays
- Growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Numerous elective benefits: Supplemental Life, Legal Services, Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounted Programs: Product Purchase, Home/Auto Insurance and multiple brand name product and services
- Hourly pay rate of $23.18
Normal Production Shifts:
Monday - Friday, 3 Shifts - 8 hours per shift*
- 1st Shift: 7:00AM - 3:30PM
- 2nd Shift: 3:00PM - 11:30PM
- 3rd Shift: 11:00PM - 7:30AM (last work day of weekends on Saturday morning)
*Successful candidates must be able to work full time and any shift in a fast paced and continuous production team environment. In addition, they must be able to work overtime in 4 hour increments either before or after a scheduled shift.
Plant & Community Overview:
Winchester is a stable, prosperous agricultural center and light manufacturing point in the center of a large area of good farm and orchard land located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Winchester is located close enough to the Washington D.C. area that individuals elect to commute to DC from their homes to Winchester and surrounding areas.
Winchester offers numerous historical sites and museums for the civil war enthusiasts, as
Winchester was a strategic location of great importance during the Civil War.
Old Town Winchester cherishes its heritage that includes a vital marketplace for more than 250 years. Old Town Winchester is located within the heart of a 45-block National Register Historic District and features a quaint pedestrian walking mall bursting with outdoor cafes, fun & specialty retail shops, historic attractions and family-oriented activities throughout the year.
Winchester has long been known as the Apple Capital surrounded by vast orchards and constituting one of the largest apple export markets of the nation and the largest producing area in Virginia. Fresh fruit and vegetables are available for purchase from local farmers/orchard markets. Winchester is known for its annual spring event, the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival, which draws crowds in excess of 250,000 each year. It is also the home town of country singer, Patsy Cline.
Dulles Washington (IAD) is the closest Airport.
The Winchester, VA plant is one of three Kraft Heinz ready to drink (RTD) plants in the United States. Each plant is strategically located to service their customer base. Winchester supplies the East Coast, Canada and Puerto Rico, with Capri Sun and KAB products and is currently the sole producer of MIO.
Winchester plant was built in 1992 and continues to expand its operations over the 27 years.
Perform as machine owners and possess the capabilities to start up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot, perform preventive maintenance and shutdown a variety of production machinery/equipment while complying with safety expectations.
Ideal candidates must be safety and quality orientated along with demonstrates adaptability and willingness to work in a team orientated, fast paced manufacturing work environment that meets strict quality and safety standards.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Efficiently capable of startup, operating, and shutting down a variety of machines, video Jet coders and/or conveying systems
- Monitors mechanical operation of machinery, including clearing equipment jams machines, and assisting with troubleshooting
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
- Follows all GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Participates and provides input to the team during DDS (Daily Direction Setting) meetings
- Monitors quality issues and performs and promptly records quality checks
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members of all levels within the organization
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Administers training as needed
- Maintains good housekeeping
- Able to stand for long periods of time; be able to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Team Leader
Kraft Heinz is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Underrepresented Ethnic Minority Groups/Women/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity and other protected classes. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for protected individuals, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact HRCompliance@ for assistance.