Donegal Insurance Group is a regional property-casualty insurance company doing business in 24 states, headquartered in Marietta, PA, with 4 regional offices located in Athens, GA, Grand Rapids, MI, Albuquerque, NM and Glen Allen, VA.
Donegal offers a broad range of personal and commercial insurance products sold exclusively through our network of independent agents. We are committed to the independent agency system and proud of the company's heritage, which spans over 130 years. Donegal's strong financial foundation and successful operating strategies have earned the company a rating of 'A' (Excellent) by the A.M. Best Company, the nation's leading insurance rating organization.
Donegal Insurance Group has an opening for a inside Loss Control Consultant at our Marietta, PA office. The Loss Control Consultant will be responsible for conducting risk assessments on new and existing business with a focus on risk management, compliance, and best practices.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Interaction with both policyholders and agents.
- Responsible for assisting clients to improve their loss control programs through exposure identification and mutually agreed-upon actions to improve controls and minimize loss exposures
- Utilize a working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, and NFPA.
- Have an understanding of building construction and building valuation methods as well as the ability to identify primary loss drivers and control measures to protect risk.
- Recommendations and underwriting alerts will be generated based on exposures and controls evaluated in risk assessment reports.
- Work closely with underwriters to assist in the selection, improvement, and retention of profitable business.
- Have a firm understanding of safety best practices and a working knowledge of property, commercial auto, workers compensation, and general liability insurance coverages/exposures and controls is preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in insurance, risk management or related field
- Minimum 5 7 years of specific experience as a loss control representative in the Property & Casualty insurance industry
- Ability to build good working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Be able to recognize trends, primary loss drivers and provide feedback for improvement
- Ability to manage customer concerns in a professional manner
- Maintain professional designations and certifications as required by the regulatory bodies for the territory served for loss control services
Donegal Insurance Group offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time, permanent positions. Learn more about our benefit offerings by visiting our Benefits () page.
Donegal Insurance Group participates in E-Verify in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah. If you reside in one of the listed states, please review the "Notice of E-Verify Participation" and the "Right to Work Poster" on the links below:
- Notice of E-Verify Participation Poster () (English and Spanish)
- Right to Work Poster () (English and Spanish)
Powered by JazzHR