Responsible for the effective development and implementation of advanced quality programs to ensure that all products and services meet minimum business standards and requirements. Primary duties include quality reviews and underwriting of Life and/or DI insurance. Candidate will have an Underwriting authority limit to align with the applications they will be underwriting. He or she will audit Underwriters risk and non-risk decisions to ensure that decisions for mortality and morbidity follows company guidelines and procedures are followed, and that the Company receives adequate premiums commensurate with the risk. Perform quality reviews of the business to ensure that all products and services meet minimum business standards and requirements. Document findings provide coaching to the underwriters and make recommendations to facilitate continuous improvements to guidelines and processes. Develop problem management process including monitoring and reporting on problem resolution. Plan and perform research and analysis of problems/processes to create workable solutions.
Evaluate and model business needs through the uses of analytical and statistical techniques and tools. Support in the development of designing data collection capability and perform trend analysis in order to provide recommendations that will help to close skill and service gaps. Lead collaborative efforts with training area to revise quality initiatives and implement new ones. May deliver quality training programs. Development and maintain quality scorecards.
25% of the incumbents time will consist of appraising and underwriting applications for insurance to assess mortality and morbidity risk within company guidelines to assure equitable treatment of policyholders and producers and to meet the company's financial objectives.
Approves, classifies and declines application on own signature.
Provides guidance to the field force and home office staff regarding underwriting problems and requirements. Underwrites individual products only.
Ideal candidate must be a partner to Underwriting Leadership and serve as coach for development of our Underwriters providing real-time feedback.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent business experience
- Industry course work including ALU, American College, and/or LOMA with attainment of FALU, CLU, or FLMI preferred.
- Five years of Underwriting experience required, with life authority up to $10MM and/or disability authority up to $15,000
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Demonstrable interest in QA through coursework, internships, or through previous experience in QA or another technical role focused on problem-solving
- Experience with quality assurance metrics and reporting preferred
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and influence outcomes
- Communicator, Coach and able to provide real time feedback to our customers
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
- Data-driven mindset, using quantitative tools and analyzing unstructured feedback to inform the development of solutions
Target job salary $65,800.00 - $114,600.00 USD AnnualMassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us () and share the specifics of the assistance you need.