Red Snapper Recruitment are currently looking for former/retired Police Officers to work on full-time, long-term contracts as Investigation Officers.The roles will be based with a local Police Force in Blackburn or Burnley, Lancashire.
To manage and participate in a wide range of evidence-gathering and crime-investigation duties for Serious and Complex crime and to ensure that any evidence obtained is recorded, secured and preserved in a timely and appropriate manner. To interview suspects and provide support and assistance to other investigations as required by supervision.
- To provide an investigative response to incidents and received intelligence
- To secure, preserve and gather evidence within Investigations in order to prove or disprove information and establish facts.
- To conduct serious and complex criminal investigations, plan and manage own workload, and retain responsibility as the officer-in-case.
- To provide support to victims and witnesses and assess their need for further support throughout the criminal justice process.
- To interview victims and witnesses and obtain statements in relation to serious and complex investigations.
- To interview suspects in relation to serious and complex criminal investigations.
- To use internal IT systems to research and maintain records regarding individuals and investigations.
- To complete comprehensive investigation reports and case files.
- To present evidence to CPS.
- To be flexible in providing cover within the normal place of work and across the county.
- To support, where required, the investigation of priority and volume crime
- To demonstrate a strong commitment to delivering a high standard of service with an emphasis on quality at all times
Experience of conducting successful Volume and Priorty Crime crime investigations, both pro active and reactive
Experience of gathering critical evidence by interviewing victims, significant witnesses and suspects.
Experience of investigating crime
Experience and knowledge of the Criminal Justice System relating to the PACE Act, including searching premises, handling exhibits, interviewing suspects, and CPIA 1996, relating to disclosure
Experience of maintaining & interrogating computerised systems and manual filing systems
Qualified to PIP Level 1 Interview training
If you wish to apply, or if you have any questions, please apply now.