Infrastructure and Public Enterprise - Managing Director - Energy and Sustainability
Areas of Interest
Engineering/Maintenance, Environmental Consultancy, Facilities Management
Remote - US - Remote - US - United States of America JOB SUMMARY
The purpose of this position is to provide energy and sustainability leadership assisting our Infrastructure and Public Enterprise (I&PE) sector clients along their Net-Zero journey. This client sector is an exciting rapid-growth opportunity, especially in light of significant government commitments to climate change domestically and internationally. This client-facing leadership role will drive new client pursuits including government issued RFPs relating to EV, renewables, energy programs and asset management, as well as strategy leadership for existing CBRE client engagements with E&S goals and contractual scope. The successful candidate will be part of the I&PE Sector leadership team as the Sustainability subject matter expert and leader, as well as a member of the Global Energy and Sustainability leadership team. Aligning to the I&PE Sector strategy, the Leader will directly support sales, client solutions, transitions, and account improvement initiatives on a day-to-day basis. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will provide leadership and advice in relation to a range of environmental, sustainability and asset management aspects. This will include decarbonization and energy transition, climate risk and resilience, life cycle assessments, circular economy and resource conservation, environmental and social value creation, sustainable procurement, and stakeholder engagement. Business Development:
Responsible for identifying scope growth opportunities with existing clients, creating compelling business cases for client approval. This includes identification of carbon reduction and savings opportunities, adoption of CBRE product/service recommended solutions, and project execution opportunities through CBRE project management services. It will utilize our Asset Performance and Energy Excellence (APEX) team and program to drive efficiency with asset upgrades, optimization, real time monitoring, and capital planning.
Business development also includes proactively identifying and driving RFP responses through seamless coordination with the sales and solutions team. Work closely with the I&PE Sector Leadership to develop market expertise. Responding to public sector issued RFPs includes leading and develop solutions which leverage CBREs ESG capabilities, tools, services, and solutions in a compelling, seamless manner for GWS I&PE clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identifying and reviewing US Federal Government solicitations for compatibility with CBREs growth targets and capabilities, and supporting the go/no-go process with the sector leadership team
- Closely collaborating with sales leadership to provide subject matter expertise and input directly or from others within the global E&S platform
- Developing E&S scope, pricing, and sales content to help differentiate and win on larger, multi-service CRE proposals
- Sourcing and building a network of strategic partners to qualify for US Government opportunities with small or disadvantaged business set-asides
- Building and maintaining relationships with current or potential client stakeholders, particularly senior-level sustainability and ESG decision makers
- Establish strong relationships with regulatory staff, state energy offices, and key federal government departments.
- Anticipating business needs through client relationships and analyses of policy, budget, and regulatory information.
- Act as a CBRE ambassador at industry events, through networking, speaking engagements, and written external communications
The sector leader will be responsible for leading client account-dedicated E&S teams for existing CBRE clients, as well as developing and securing new scope for client portfolios with E&S needs and potential.
- Lead and support client-dedicated E&S teams, helping to recruit top talent, identify opportunities, resolve issues, and promote collaboration with CBRE platform services
- Conduct due diligence and feasibility assessments on existing client portfolios for viability of EV, renewable energy, and energy management programs
- Identify cross-collaboration opportunities between core CBRE services (facilities management, project management, and transaction management) to drive data-driven and efficient FM operations, capital planning opportunities, and green leasing criteria
- Advise public clients with an emphasis on EV, solar, wind and energy storage, and expansion of additional renewable energy solutions
- Work to clearly articulate the value of EV, renewables, and energy programs on public client portfolios and the ability to integrate solutions into broader infrastructure goals
- Develop training materials and run workshops to develop energy and sustainability knowledge within I&PE (working with product development, marketing & learning, etc.)
Collaborate with the Global E&S team to expand CBREs product/service suite in sustainability
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Proven leadership capabilities across both direct and matrix reporting structure. Familiarity with navigating public sector procurement practices, specifically US Federal Government solicitations and requirement. Strong network within energy, sustainability, environmental and other related communities require. Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills Demonstrated ability to work closely and communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders. Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, independent and results oriented with the ability to motivate and engage direct and indirect team members and stakeholders
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Minimum 8 years of related experience. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university. Experience identifying and implementing sustainability programs in the Infrastructure, Utilities, and/or public sector markets. Public sector business development, sales, and proposal experience a plus. Comfortable in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-focused environment. Experience with EV, renewables, decarbonization, asset management and energy programs.
Strong organizational and analytical skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present complex information in complex settings such as business pursuits. Maintains a high degree of strategic clarity within a confusing and evolving market. Exceptional relationship building and persuasive communication skills. Highly effective speaker and communicator.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills with a thorough knowledge of account best practices.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Strong process skills, negotiating, decision-making and analytical skills are necessary. Demonstrated ability in project management processes, tools, and techniques.
Ability to build and maintain effective professional/client relationships.
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
Colorado Residents: CBRE carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidates education, training, and experience. The minimum salary for the position is $145,000 annually and the maximum salary for the position is $170,000 annually. The compensation that is offered to a successful candidate will depend on the candidates skills, qualifications, and experience. Successful candidates will also be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on CBREs applicable benefit program.
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)