Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, were 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the worlds most trusted financial group, its part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
Additional Job Description
The VP, Information Risk Manager will support the Director in driving MUFGs enterprise-wide data governance, strategy and execution of the Information Governance Framework in alignment with business objectives. The VP is responsible for independently, holistically, and proactively identifying, assessing, and managing operational risks across the enterprise. supporting the assessment of end-to-end implementation and performance of Information Governance policies, through continuously testing, monitor and reporting to the broader organization. The role will require knowledge of Operational Risk and key risk management skills, along with an ability to build strong relationships.
- Develop disciplined project and program management processes, to include standards and best practices, and lead the delivery of projects in accordance with those standards to ensure thorough, timely.
- Drive decisions through influencing decision makers, and balancing risk and uncertainty across multiple projects, programs and functions.
- Autonomously drive alignment across multiple senior leaders and influence cross-functional teams to support new ideas and decisions.
- Support preparation and facilitation of the Business oversight meetings to review and discuss key operational risk topics (inclusive of emerging risks, critical initiatives, issues, etc.,) and related items to accurately understand the Business Lines risk profile and trend and provide oversight and meaningful challenges
- Perform business risk assessment to ensure that Business Lines and corporate functions have implemented and executed in accordance with the firm 's policy, and various program requirements
- Communicate issues/observations identified from the assessment with the Business Lines and provide recommendations/request the Business Line 's review and actions to remediate as necessary
- Ensure the results of all work performed is documented in accordance with the program requirements (Procedures, Execution Guidelines and related) prior to due date, well supported with underlying details and is ready for independent review upon request
- Work with the Business Line and the second line of defense (when applicable) to address those issues, measuring and tracking progress in remediation
- Work closely with industry partners/peers to stay abreast of evolving risk/threats and industry practices.
- Work with the second line of defense (e.g. ORM programs, Compliance, Fraud, Sales Practice, Information Risk Management, Business Continuity, and Third Party) in coordinating and executing on the above requirements
- Assist with the preparation of presentations for senior leadership and regulatory agencies
- Assist with oversight of 1st line policies, procedures, standards, training and related documentation
- Experience with executing technology and/or information security risk assessment/testing methodologies evaluating the adequacy and efficiency of internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Experience with risk metrics definition and reporting/scorecard development utilizing key risk metrics tools (IBM Open Pages, Tableau, structured query language (SQL), Access etc.)
- Prior supervisory and/or management role with a focus on talent development
- Experience in creation and review of work papers to document testing and/or issue closure, and experience in the management of regulatory matters
- Experience with automating and/or the ability to conceptualize automated control solutions
- Effective communicator and collaborator across all functions with ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner.
- Good interpersonal skills to build and manage relationships with Business Lines as well as various second line of defense groups
- Bachelor's Degree in business, technology, engineering or a related field.
- 5-7 years' experience in operational risk management, internal audit, management consulting or related field, including 3 years work related to risk management
- Strong knowledge of operational risk management, regulatory requirements and industry practices
- Strong knowledge in ORM Programs including (but not limited to): RCSA, Loss data, Scenario Analysis, KRM/KRI and Issue Management
- Understanding of banking regulatory agency expectation/requirements on operational risk management
- Strong leadership and executive presence.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong ability to analyze data and trends and prepare meaningful reports
- Demonstrated ability to manage workloads and prioritize deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong oral / written communication skills. Comfortable presenting the results of the assessment to the Business Lines management and provide independent challenges when different view exists
- Strong work commitment and works well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individuals associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.