Uxbridge (West London)Hours of work:
40 working hours per week (Monday- Friday)About the role:
In this exciting role you will be working alongside the HR Director as-well as the HR team to develop & deliver the People Plan for the support of commercial objectives. You will focus on employee engagement to ensure that employees commit to business strategy, feel valued, and inspired to perform to the best of the ability. Your new role will also consist of supporting the development of the company culture and to ensure that HR functions give the business a professional, proactive & forward-thinking service, for both internal and external customers.Responsibilities:
- Working with the managers to identify and develop key talent and manage succession.
- Ensure that all employee relations issues and cases are managed professionally and in line with legislation and company procedure.
- Attend ER meetings as HR a representative, when requested. Note taking and making recommendations.
- Prepare and issue correspondence relating to ER matters, including acknowledgements, invite letters, rescheduling meetings. Prepare and issue outcome letters in conjunction with the relevant line manager.
- Be responsible for own administration and follow up all actions with associated administration.
- Support, coach, and train managers/ supervisors in all areas of people management including but not limited to TUPE transfers, disciplinary and grievance procedures, performance management, absence management, equal opportunities, redundancies, paternity pay and maternity rights.
- Coaching Managers & Supervisors on performance management issues and processes thereby ensuring that high performers are nurtured, developed and poor performers are managed appropriately
- Support the design and delivery of ER training and coaching programmes. Monitor the effectiveness to programmes delivered.
- Proven experience as a HR Advisor, including ER and in-house recruitment, preferably in a multi-site fast-paced service industry such as facilities management, retail, hospitality, etc.
- Strong ER background with the ability to manage disciplinary, grievance from informal stages through to appeal hearings, performance management, TUPE transfers (in & out).
- Good understanding of UK employment legislation and a sound working knowledge of HR and recruitment practices. An understanding of the current labour market.
- Experience of using online recruitment tools, such as job boards and social media.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office suite, with the ability to produce written reports and communications.
- Be an excellent communicator with the ability to confidently, credibly engage and influence partners/ employees.
- Experience of working with Investors in people (not essential).
- Excellent skills in building relationships & developing partnerships across multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation & administration skills with a focus on attention to detail.
- Proven record of being responsive & innovative.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure with a common-sense approach.
- Ability to work in a team, as well as an individual.
- Have the flexibility to travel to sites, if required.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.