Director of Communication and Development
South West London
Hours of work: Part time - 21 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 PA (this is the pro rata of the full-time salary of £50,000 PA)
Our client are looking for a Director of Communication and Development to take responsibility for all fundraising and communications activity for the organisation, provide strategic direction to the charity, and contribute to the running and future direction of the charity as a member of the senior management team.
- Develop, implement, refine a Communications Strategy, research audiences and prioritise activity
- Develop, implement, refine a Fundraising Strategy, research prospects and prioritise activity
- Ensure organisation can clearly articulate a case for support to potential donors and secure appropriate funding for mission-centric projects
- Ensure organisation is represented appropriately in all fields and across all channels, reaching potential beneficiaries and donors, and communicating the impact of the organisation's work
- Produce and maintain promotional and fundraising materials including website, ensuring consistent visual identity and messaging
- Recruit and retain patients, prospects and donors - develop supporter journey comms
- With the MD/Trustees, court and convince major donors for FPO/OCC
- Seek and secure corporate partnerships that enhance the organisation's standing and finances
- Develop organisation's Trusts & Foundations fundraising income, individual giving initiatives, donations to osteopathy clinics and CPD/conferences bookings
- Recruit and manage patrons for the charity's work - develop appropriate proposals
- Secure features, stories, articles for organisation's work in traditional and online media, mindful of ASA restrictions on osteopathy
- Develop and manage public appeals, events and other initiatives
- Support the Board's fundraising activities
- Keep up to date with new trends and opportunities in the charity sector
- Any other tasks agreed/assigned with MD Line management the Digital Communication Officer, with the intention to develop a team in future.
Skills and experiences required:
- Significant experience of developing integrated communications for a range of audiences
- Track record of income generation and sustained growth across several fundraising disciplines
- Experience of developing a team
- Interest in osteopathy and children's health, fundraising, marketing, PR and communication
- Excellent written and spoken English, able to produce engaging copy and proofread effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work effectively within the team
- Excellent time management, able to prioritise tasks and respond to occasional shifts in priority
- Innovative, able to show initiative within the remit of the role
- Results-oriented, able to see projects through to completion
- Excellent IT skills, able to use databases (particularly Raisers Edge), spreadsheets, word processing and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in similar role/organisation
- Expertise in Raisers Edge database
If you think you have the right skills and experience to be our clients Director of Communication and Development, click apply today!
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.