Cardiology opening in Peoria, Illinois. Job Specifics
- OSF Healthcare s Cardiovascular Institute, a group of 40 plus Cardiologist service central Midwest, is looking to add a General Cardiologist to their growing practice.
- The OSF Cardiovascular Service Line works in conjunction with 17 area hospitals and 9 clinics to provide the most comprehensive services available for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease. Coverage for this position would include OSF Saint Francis Heart Hospital, which has more than 30 years experience fighting heart disease with new technologies and techniques. Total patient catchment area is 1.2 million. Currently our institution reads and interprets more than 15,000 echoes and 4,500 stress tests.
- Be an integral part of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria Cardiology Fellowship and Internal Medicine Residency.
- Outreach clinic 2 days/week
- Call will be 1-2 weeknights a month (Monday through Thursday) and 8-9 weekends a year.
- Look forward to joining a practice with an established Structural and complex EP program, active Cardiology Fellowship program with 9 total fellows, and a developing LVAD/Transplant program.
- OSF HealthCare has been named one of the best employers in the country for 2018, 2019 and 2020 by Forbes magazine, and was the highest ranked Illinois-based company earning the distinction.
- EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
- Competitive base salary plus incentives
- 208 hours PTO (4 weeks + 6 holidays) and will increase with years of service
- 480 hours sick time/year
- Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership dues
- Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid relocation
- Peoria is home to a large collection of medical research, educational and clinical facilities including the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria and Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center.
- Peoria is the largest Illinois metropolitan area outside of Chicago and St. Louis, which are 3 hours or less away, with easy commutes by utilizing Amtrak or taking advantage of the Gen. Wayne A. Downing Peoria International Airport with free parking and easy access to any destination.
- Peoria, Illinois, offers a range of residential opportunities whether you are looking for something out of the way, in the woods, along the river or right in the heart of the city.
- Peoria is also home to a number of performance venues, museums, art galleries and more than two dozen historic landmarks of both local and national fame.
OSF St. Francis Medical Center OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center, with 629 beds, is the fourth-largest medical center in Illinois
. A major teaching affiliate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, it is the area s only Level I Trauma Center, the highest level designated in trauma care. It serves as the resource hospital for emergency medical services for north-central Illinois. It is home to Children s Hospital of Illinois and the Illinois Neurological Institute. OSF Saint Francis and Children s Hospital have been designated Magnet Status for excellence in nursing care since 2004.