Alexander Daniels are supporting a growing business with an expandinf finance team to recurit a Financial Accountant. This role is to support the Accounting Manager in all financial reporting and analysis to meet all the requirements of the business, ensuring strict adherence to reporting deadlines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations of all accounts under their control in accordance with the required standard to ensure the balances are fully justified and supported
- Responsible for the investigation and resolution of all unsupported balances, posting adjustments as required and approved by the Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for the posting and reconciliation of all Payrolls for the business
- Preparation of monthly payroll accruals for Lunar and Weekly payrolls
- Responsible for the preparation and accompanying of the VAT & intrastat returns for submission to HMRC
- Responsible for the reconciliation and generation of the PAYE & NIC payments
- Reconciliation of all Pension payments & contributions
- Responsible for daily and weekly cash flow analysis and reporting
- Reconciliation of the Inventory across all sites, including supporting periodic stock takes
- Responsible for the posting and reconciliation of expense payments and accruals
- Preparation of the monthly National Statistics returns
- Support the preparation of the P11ds each year with support from other departments
- Cost analysis and allocation of business wide invoices such as Telephone charges
- Support the Accounting Manager in the preparation and analysis for the Corporation tax calculations
- Preparation and analysis of Holding company P&L and balance sheet for review with the Accounting Manager
- Liaising with the external Auditors in regards to the above activities
- In addition to the above, the post-holder is required to perform other duties as reasonably requested by the Accounting Manager/Finance Director
Skills and experience required for this role:
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- The ability to prioritise and adapt a flexible approach to working
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven administration skills such as filing, constructing documents and answering the telephone
- Ability to work under own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly establish and maintain good working relationships at all level
- Ability to solve practical problems with minimal supervision.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to draft correspondence such as e-mail responses.