Field Service Technician required. Our client is a leading provider of support for users of High Voltage, Motors, Generators. From their facility they can offer a large range of HV testing, repair, overhaul, supply, and on/offline monitoring services for all makes of electrical rotating machines.
They have extensive knowledge of electrical machines within the Power Generation Industry, both conventional and nuclear fuelled, on & of shore oil and gas installations, heavy engineering, steel production and commercial shipping lines.
Due to the on-going success, they now require an experienced field Service Technician. The successful Service Technician will join the Field Services Team based at their Sheffield facility. They are looking for an ambitious individual who is looking to remain with the company for many years.
Field Service Technician - Position Overview
- Reporting to the Works Supervisor, perform an extensive range of mechanical and electrical maintenance activities on a large range of electrical machines.
- Accurate recording of results.
- Drafting of clear and concise technical reports.
- Fault finding and emergency call out site support on Generators and Motors.
Field Service Technician - Position Requirements
- Proven track record of conducting mechanical and electrical maintenance activities including machine strip down, Winding Inspections, Bearing Inspections, repairs & overhauls of High Voltage Rotating machines within a similar motor/generator service or manufacturing environment.
- Educated to ideally HNC/HND level or time-served apprenticeship in a relevant engineering or technical discipline.
- Experience with CHP energy & 11K generator.
- Able to read, interpret and follow engineering drawings.
- Have practical experience of maintenance of large electrical machines.
- Knowledge and experience of working to engineering standards/product specifications.
- Able to comply with all the organisation's policies and procedures, with specific reference to the Health, Safety & Environment, always.
- Self-motivated with a high regard for safety and quality.
- Fluent English speaking with good verbal, computer, and written skills.
- Highly organised and able to work with minimal supervision or within multi-skilled team.
- Familiarity with a range of different industrial applications would be advantageous.
Field Service Technician - Position Remuneration
- Salary £30,000 - £32,000 (Dependent on experience)
- 7.30-4pm Monday - Thursday and Friday 7.30-1pm
- On-site Parking
- Generous Pension Scheme