Experienced Children's Team Manager - Merseyside
Liverpool Children's Social Care are looking to recruit a Team Manager and an agency team of 6 social workers to work for a period of 6 months on a project to progress child protection plans and pre proceedings arrangements towards positive outcomes for children.
There will be a multi-agency approach to work towards stepping children out of child protection planning and pre proceedings arrangements if this is in the best interests of children.
Liverpool's Aim: Through targeted work and support, the majority of the identified families will no longer require statutory social work support and cases can be stepped down or closed.
The role of the team will be:
- To progress child protection plans and pre proceedings arrangements to achieve positive outcomes for children.
- Work with independent social workers who will complete PAMS assessments.
- Work with expert assessors such as psychologists who will help to inform planning
- Undertake statutory visits
- Attend core groups, review panels and conferences
- Work with internal partners such as Family Support, Youth Offending
- The team will also be supported by two family support workers who will work alongside Social Workers to deliver direct work where this is required.
Team Manager responsibility:
- Managing the project for the 6 month period
- Allocation of cases to members of the team, making informed decisions on cases and overseeing the completion of these
- Ensuring a high quality service to the families and delivering positive outcomes towards children
- Providing regular supervision and support to the Social Work team and developing strong working relationships.
Caseloads: The Team Manager is a non-case holding position and will be overseeing the team of Social Workers who will be working with approximately 120 children. The Social Work caseloads will be capped at between 18-20.
Support: You will be completing weekly supervision with the Social Workers to ensure the project is on track with their cases. There will be a fortnightly review with Service Care Solutions and a Senior Manager at Liverpool to discuss KPI's, any concerns and overall discussion of the project.
Flexible Working: This is a hybrid role with home working available however you must be in the office a minimum of 2 days per week. Liverpool are happy to discuss flexibility options at interview.
Start date: You must be available to start on Wednesday 5th October and commit to a 6 month contract.
Pay rate: £53 LTD per hour (inside of IR35) and £0.40 per business mile (this is for any mileage to and from visits)
Sign Up Bonus: Service Care Solutions are offering a £500 bonus to all successful candidates that will be paid out at the following intervals - £150 following completion of 1st week, £150 after 12 weeks, £200 following completion of 6 months.
Referral Bonus: In addition to the above, Service Care Solutions also offer our £250 referral fee for all successful candidates referred that will be paid out at the following intervals - £150 after 6 weeks and £100 at 12 weeks.
If you are interested in this role please contact or call