An International Investment Bank is hiring an In-Business Risk Manager to join the front office Equity Prime Brokerage team in New York.
The bank is looking for an experienced prime brokerage risk manager or market risk manager to join this front office team. They are focusing on sustainable growth in the prime brokerage offering, looking to develop this first line team as they grow the business.
This individual will partner with global teams in Europe and Asia to provide risk analysis as well as structuring and pricing solutions for clients. The team provides solutions across Equity Prime Brokerage (Cash and Synthetic), FX Prime, and Listed and OTC Derivatives Clearing business lines.
- Develop bespoke equity financing solutions for hedge fund and other institutional clients
- Establish and monitor client-specific margin limits
- Onboard new clients and negotiate legal documents for margin requirements, trading limits, etc.
- Serve as point of contact for clients in case of limit breaches, margin calls, or other special situations
- Work closely with sales and trading, credit risk, quant teams, and second line risk to assess trade and financing ideas and exposures
- 5-10 years of risk management experience
- Prime Brokerage Risk experience preferred; Market Risk covering equity/equity derivatives acceptable
- Strong knowledge of forwards, futures, swaps, and options; experience with equity-linked products and equity derivatives
- Understanding of VaR, SIMM, and margin modelling
- Coding knowledge in Python, R, SQL preferred