Apply for this job now
Environmental Services Technician
- Boys Town, Nebraska
- Job Type
- 8 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
$1,500.00 HIRING BONUS!
New Starting Rate $15.00 Hourly
Job Summary: In a career as an Environmental Services Technician, your behind-the-scenes work is what leads to making the magic of our mission come true every day. You will join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Environmental Services, performs duties involving the cleaning of all Boys Town National Research Hospital (BTNRH) clinical and non-clinical departments located on the East and West Hospital Campuses. Hospital Environmental Services Staff are responsible for sustaining a sterile environment in the operating rooms and a clean environment throughout the hospital, clinics, and Residential Treatment Center (RTC) according to policies and procedures.
Schedule: Full Time: Tuesday-Friday 1:00 PM-9:30 PM, Saturday 12:00 PM-8:30 PM; Holidays coverages.
• Performs cleaning of all patient rooms, clinical and public areas. Performs terminal cleaning of operating rooms.
• Performs turnover cleaning between operating room cases and/or in between patient admissions and discharges in a timely manner.
• Utilizes hospital approved chemicals according to manufacture directions for use. • Monitors and replenishes necessary inventory levels of linens and supplies.
• Utilizes and maintains equipment properly, according to manufacture directions for use.
• Transports clean and used linen to the appropriate area in the required manner.
• Transports trash and hazardous waste to required disposal location safely. • Cleans emergency spills as requested in a timely manner.
• Exhibits good customer service with providers, employees, patients and visitors.
• Maintains "The Joint Commission" standards on an ongoing basis and assists in the responsibilities for readiness for "The Joint Commission Survey".
• Takes appropriate precautions using Infection Control practices.
• Reports safety concerns when identified, i.e. tripping hazards, equipment malfunction, environmental concerns, etc.
• Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
• Ability to speak, read, and write Basic English.
• Minimum of 1 year cleaning experience, preferred,
• Previous hospital technician experience in the healthcare setting, preferred,
• Must successfully complete Hospital Training Modules within the first month of hire,
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Ability to work required shift determined by the needs of the organization,
• Some computer skills required.
• Ability to use a communication device.
• Must be 20 years of age if working in the Residential Treatment Center.
Physical Requirements: Medium physical demand level: Occasionally (0-33% of shift) lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs; Frequently (34-66% of shift) lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 20 lbs; Constantly (67-100% of shift) lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 10 lbs. A combination of constant standing and walking throughout an 8 hour shift is required. Requires the ability to reach overhead, reach to the floor, kneeling/stooping/squatting on an occasional (0- 33%) to frequent (34-66%) rate to access all areas that require cleaning. Constant (67-100%) dominant hand grasping and occasional (34-66%) grasping with both hands.
- Job Reference: 707431058-2
- Date Posted: 8 September 2022
- Recruiter: Careerlink
- Location: Boys Town, Nebraska
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Trades & Services
- Job Type: Permanent