Corporation Tax Manager Central Manchester £40,000 to £50,000 Hybrid Working
My client is a Top 20 firm, looking to expand their Manchester office due to continued business growth, the office is around 125 staff but retains a great atmosphere and friendly environment. The business working in a number of different sectors and progression is readily available across teams or within your chosen specialism.
In order to enhance their current team, maintain their strong employee retention and attract new talent to their growing workforce, they are recruiting for an experienced Corporation Tax Manager in the Manchester Office.
The position is full-time and permanent (37.5hrs/week) 9.00am to 5:30pm, with flexibility of hours to meet specific work demands.
- Taking a proactive role in the management of the corporation tax department.
- Developing and managing more junior members of the team.
- Responsible for a portfolio of corporation tax clients, including allocating the appropriate resource to review and submit tax computations and tax returns to HMRC.
- Working as part of a team in reviewing large group tax computations and returns.
- Responsible for approving reviewed tax computations and returns, depending on level of risk and complexity.
- Has the ability to suggest topics and areas which are required for staff training and has the potential to deliver the training.
- Takes responsibility in the completion of delegated assignments, where necessary.
- Responsible for the completion and overall delegation of assignments.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Strong management skills; providing praise, feedback and continuously supporting team members.
- Ability to work as part of a team and offer support and training to less experienced members of the team.
- Suggests innovative ideas and explores new approaches, as appropriate.
- Manages key deadlines and clients' expectations.
- Lead by example and instill a sense of professionalism in the tax team.
- Maintain objectivity, professionalism and independence in client relationships.
- 24 days' holiday plus standard bank and public holidays
- Contribution into an auto enrolled pension scheme
- Income protection scheme
- Payment of one professional subscription per year
- The option to purchase extra days leave via salary sacrifice
- The option to contribute into a pension scheme via salary sacrifice
- Commission for introducing new clients/work
- Commission for introducing new staff
- Life assurance (4 x salary)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Funded social events