Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (Cloud Computing). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
The AWS Application Security team is team is looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented SaaS Security Engineer to join our security team.
As a SaaS Security Engineer, youll have a unique opportunity to innovate in the security space of customer relationship management (CRM), large scale systems integrations, and Salesforce. You will lead technical security reviews and write security recommendations to support a wide spectrum of use cases. You will help to review and approve proactive tooling for the detection and threat avoidance systems. This role is instrumental in ensuring the highest standards of AWS security are built into multiple, complex, global SaaS implementations.
The right candidate will possess a strong security program background, experience building security standards for cross cloud deployments, and demonstrated experience in the details of cloud security as it relates to Salesforce and CRM platforms. As a SaaS Security Engineer, you will perform independent security reviews and guide penetration tests as needed. You will advise issue owners on remediation paths and best practices to build security into their CRM platforms. You are an independent voice for security, protecting customer data whenever it flows in the CRM ecosystem.
- Seattle, WA
- San Francisco, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Vancouver BC, Canada
Key job responsibilities
- Work directly with service and platform owners to consult on security best-practices and tools.
- Conduct deep-dive security reviews on SaaS implementations, data handling, reporting systems.
- Scope, provision, and manage penetration tests of platforms and tools.
- Report security risks and make recommendations on complex security findings and issues.
- Contribute to learning and development of the security culture of Amazon.
- Work on cross-team projects to improve the security of Amazon and customer data through its lifecycle.
A day in the life
You will operate with high autonomy owning security reviews and bar-raising initiatives. This role has a high level of discretion with regards to daily activities. As a team, we manage approvals for new feature release and platforms. While not always daily, your skills will provide a valuable part in assessing the risks associated with those decisions. You will serve as the security expert for our partner platform teams, so other responsibilities will ebb and flow out of daily priority including threat modeling, standards writing, architecture consultations, and designing proactive security systems.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with any combination of the following: threat modeling experience, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, system administration and network security.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security.
This role is open to alternative locations including: Seattle, WA - San Francisco, CA - San Luis Obispo, CA San Diego, CA - Vancouver BC, Canada
- Meets/exceeds Amazons leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazons functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Experience implementing security solutions at the business division level
- An understanding of network and web related protocols (such as, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- An understanding of web services
- Experience with multiple programming languages (such as, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
- Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid analysis paralysis)
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit