We are looking for an experienced Chef to join one of the largest health care providers in the UK. The role is based in one of our care homes and will assist in delivery and the preparation and production of food alongside the dining experience coupled with food ordering and stock management.
As an organisation we are incredibly passionate regarding the food experience that all our residents receive and believe in prioritising and providing investment and training to ensure we create the best teams capable of delivering a sector leading service and offer.
We are looking for outstanding chefs who have a passion for cooking and who want to help deliver great menus
We offer you a great range of benefits, which include:
- Competitive salary
- Refer a Friend scheme of £500 (increasing to £650 for any further referrals)
- Work/Life Balance - work 5/7 days with no evening work
- Access to our Training Academy with innovative training available
- Opportunity to use all your chef skills - not just one specialism
- Career development - Chef Manager and regional opportunities
- Discounts and benefits suited to your lifestyle
- Free onsite parking
- Free uniform
- Free meals on duty
- NEST work place pension contributions
- Long service awards
Reporting into the Home Manager /Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in every aspect of the catering operation within the home for residents and team members, delivering a high quality service and dining experience in line with all health, safety & hygiene requirements.
- Delivering varied, nutritious and appetising menu options for our residents, taking into account of any special dietary needs, allergen information and retaining records for inspection purposes.
- Working week which offers an exceptional work life balance with social flexible hours.
- Liaising with approved suppliers to ensure efficient delivery of orders, in line with the company policy and procedures to maintain appropriate stock levels and budget control.
- Assisting with the Food Safety Management System including COSHH Management and cleaning rota, to ensure the regular cleaning of all kitchen areas, equipment and appliances to meet the high standards of cleanliness necessary in food storage, preparation and service areas.
- Practicing safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in line with the Food Safety Management Systems, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety of residents, visitors and team members.
To succeed you will be:
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Energetic, Approachable and hard-working
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong communicator and influencer
- Driven and motivated and believe in quality care
- Passionate about offering superior services and want to make a difference in everything that they do