If you are an experienced CBT/ Psychological Therapist looking for a rewarding career, where you can make a difference and changes lives for the better, then this role might be for you.
You will work 37.5 hours a week at Bere Clinic in Waterlooville, where you provide care for children and adolescents where behavioural, psychological or emotional problems may have resulted in a severely restricted dietary intake. You will work on tailored treatment programmes designed for the individual needs of each young person.
You'll enjoy support from a regional network of psychologists, working alongside the team at Rhodes Wood Hospital. You will contribute to the delivery of the service offering assessment, formulation and treatment to young people and their families/carers.
You will contribute to the comprehensive MDT assessment of patients' difficulties and the development of an individualised clinical formulation. As a psychological therapist, you will support patients in relapse planning and liaise with community teams to support the safe discharge of young people back to the community.
As a CBT/Psychological Therapist, you will deliver and offer contributions to the development of the specialist treatment pathway, which will see you create working relationships with local community teams, paediatric and other inpatient psychiatric wards.
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new team and to contribute to the development of an individualised and patient-centred service, whilst also being part of a network of eating disorder therapists working for Elysium providing access to CPD, training and support.
Part-time applications will be considered.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To support the provision of the psychology service in the CAMHS eating disorder team, in collaboration with multidisciplinary team, and under the direction and supervision of the Therapy Lead/Clinical Psychologist
- To participate fully with the multidisciplinary team and ensure that the patient is fully engaged in their care pathway.
- To provide psychological assessments of patients based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of complex data from a variety of sources including psychological (and neuropsychological) tests, self-report measures, rating scales direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with clients, family members and others involved in the patient's care.
- To monitor clinical progress through regular reviews of psychotherapy treatment
- To attend clinical supervision with the Therapy Lead/Clinical Psychologist
- To attend monthly therapy meeting with the therapy team at the Bere Clinic
To be successful in this role, you will have :
- Experience in supervising junior members of the team
- To be a qualified CBT Therapist or registered mental health nurse, social worker, or occupational therapist, with accompanying registration with the appropriate professional body
- A post graduate diploma in high intensity interventions or post graduate diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- BABCP Accreditation if eligible or be working towards full accreditation
- Clinical experience (either pre-training, on training, or subsequently) of providing evidence-based interventions to adolescents and/or families (e.g. CBT-E, CBT)
- Clinical experience of working with young people who have eating disorders detained under the Mental Health Act (1983/2007) and in a similar inpatient CAMHS setting is desirable
- Knowledge of theory and practice of specialist psychological therapies (e.g. CBT, DBT, EMDR)
- Competency in psychological assessment and formulation skills
- Competency as regards risk assessment and management
- Ability to accept and use supervision appropriately and effectively.
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £45,000 + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.