Job Title Azure .Net Developer - Job Advert
Reports to Solutions Architect
Worthing area + WFH flexibility (HYBRID)
Date July 2022
We need people who are driven to use their programming skills to make an enduring impact on the natural environment. We want people who are motivated to join our multi-discipline team to change the way fresh produce and ornamental plants are grown.
The organisation are already established as an industry innovator and thought leader. Join us to help growers save energy, optimise water and fertiliser use, minimise pesticide and fungicide applications, reduce food miles, and maximise their yields through sustainable and efficient cultivation with data driven decision making at its core.
If you are excited about accelerating the change to reduce the carbon footprint of horticultural fresh produce and ornamental production, then we want to speak to you.
We are recruiting an Azure .Net Developer to join our team.
You will be someone with high energy and high EQ capable of creating an atmosphere of engagement within a small, focussed team. You will have excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication. You must have an optimistic and positive outlook and be commercially astute.
You will be an individual who is eager to be involved in the development of a ground-breaking solution which will be a paradigm shift in horticulture, delivering significant measurable, commercial, and environmental advantages to the production of fresh produce and ornamentals.
Above all, you must be a creative problem solver.
You will probably have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject. You are likely to have 5+ years of relevant experience.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
You will be responsible for the development of Azure applications and services to support the delivery of a multi-platform solution. We are looking for someone passionate about performance, reliability, and design with the experience and credentials to back up that passion. Someone who can take ownership of applications, solve technical challenges, and take pride in their solutions and code. And someone who can support solution architects in problem analysis.
The ideal candidate will have experience building Azure cloud-native applications and integrations, and experience in defining, documenting, and delivering cloud-native application designs.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You will be a highly proficient Azure .Net Developer with a sound knowledge of the Azure Stack. You will have knowledge across a broad spectrum of programming languages and techniques who have demonstrable experience applying both existing and modern technologies in developing solutions.
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented languages, including .Net, .Net Core and C#
- 3 or more years of overall development experience, focused on Azure cloud-native applications and integrations
- Proven experience designing, developing, and supporting Cloud-Native applications and API development using NET, NET Core and Containers
- Proven experience in writing readable code, creating extensive documentation for existing code, and refactoring previously written code
- Great understanding of OOP principles and software development design patterns
- Expert level experience in building cloud applications using Microsoft Azure Services (App Service, Service Fabric, API Management, Azure Functions and Blob Storage)
- Experience with creating, deploying, configuring, and scaling applications on Azure PaaS
- Hands on experience in implementing RESTful webservices and SOAP services in cloud
- Experience with SQL Server/Azure SQL/NoSQL - Cosmos/Mongo DB, and programming complex T-SQL statements
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory, Azure AD and Azure B2C
- Experience with automated testing and building
- Understanding of the Agile development lifecycle
- Experience with DevOps, Git, SVN, or other version control tools
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery environment and Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with analytical problem-solving skills
- Hybrid working - team collaboration at our offices near Arundel, with hybrid working from our offices combined with working from anywhere is welcome.
- Salary Range, £45k to £65k
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- 23 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Excellent working environment
- Own transport is essential