Join our community.
As an Audit Manager you'll have the challenge of leading sections of audits on Model Risk, covering the conceptual soundness of Models, their documentation, their implementation, all within compliance with regulatory requirements and their independent validation. A key priority will be managing relationships and influencing key stakeholders across the business and collaborating with other teams as required.
You'll need a proactive approach in taking responsibility for additional activities related to the management of the Internal Audit department, including on-going business monitoring and production of required management information (MI) for Senior Management.
The difference you'll make.
- Supporting the delivery of Credit Risk audits from planning, fieldwork through to reporting within the timelines
- Developing and preparing various audit planning documentations and the testing strategies
- Evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of controls and provide assurance on the control environment including documenting the outcomes to a high standard.
- Writing high quality audit recommendations and report
- Leading meetings with stakeholders across the Bank and maintaining strong relationships
- Executing additional tasks as requested by the Team Lead and Head of Audit
- Embracing the agile approach as adopted by Santander in the audit life cycle
What you'll bring.
- Demonstrable experience in Credit Risk function
- Strong understanding of Risks and Controls
- It would also be nice for you to have.
- Financial services experience
- Strong analytical skills (essential), including advanced Excel, data analytics and SAS knowledge
- Previous experience working in an Audit role
- Excellent writing and communication skills
What else you need to know.
This is a 1-year contract role and is currently home based with an expectation to be in office 6-8 days per month.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs. Your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your contract duration.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
Learn more about our benefits and family friendly policies
- Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page.
A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
If there's anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it's a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we're available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at or call .
Why not join our talent community where we'll keep you updated with all the latest news and job information? Simply register your details on our careers site, 'Join our Talent Community'.