VolkerHighways is an integrated highways service provider operating across London and the South of England. Our goal is to deliver the best highways solutions within our industry through efficiency, responsibility and a focus on clients and their customers. Our services include highways term maintenance, street lighting and electrical services, surfacing, traffic management and public realm infrastructure projects.
We are now looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work on a Highways Term Maintenance contract in Bath.
The role will report to the Project Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor, the Assistant QS is required to assist Quantity, Project Quantity Surveyors and Senior Surveyors in their duties. Key accountabilities
Skills & experience
- Assist the procurement process to maximise profit and help ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the Company Policy.
- Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project.
- Act in VH's best commercial interests at all times.
- To act professionally at all times.
- Work with and develop the Trainee Surveyor on the project if applicable
- Practical knowledge of quantity surveying procedures.
- Current study towards, or possession of, a suitable qualification.
- Ability to communicate with department colleagues proactively.
- A commitment to offer customers a best value service.
- Good IT and communication skills.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure.
A competitive salary plus excellent benefits package