The Apprentice Meat Cutter will receive training from the Meat Cutter, Department Manager and/or Assistant Dept Manager to perform functions relating to the cutting, display and selling of meat/seafood products and assist with daily tasks in the meat department as directed . Responsibilities also include weighing each package to ensure customers receive the right orders, prepare the workspace, and confirm that all equipment (such as slicers and knives) are in proper working order. Job Description Description
- Provide courteous customer service by answering questions customers may have about purchasing and preparing meat items and seafood product origin, handling techniques, preparation and home storage
- Assist customers placing or picking up special meat/seafood orders making sure product is packaged properly and in its best condition when sent out
- Receive training from Meat Cutter and Department Manager and/or Assistant Dept Manager to perform functions relating to the cutting, display and selling of meat/seafood products.
- Handle customer special orders/requests and forward to Manager in timely manner
- Follow proper housekeeping, sanitation, and safety practices to ensure a favorable store image with and safe shopping environment for customers
- Carry out food safety procedures properly
- Maintain, fill, and rotate product in meat cases
- Move product from coolers to cutting area and return to coolers
- Clean equipment
- Assist in other duties as assigned
- Travel Required:No
- Store : Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
Years Of Experience
- Specialized Knowledge : Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations..
- Special Skills : Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions for equipment, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports; Ability to speak effbility to read, write, and perform basic math functions; Possess basic computer skills; Regular vision
- Physical abilities: : Constant standing and walking; ability to carry product weighing up to 110 lbs., repetitive arm and hand movements, eye-hand coordination, substantial hand strength.
- Other: : Safe operation of tools and meat department equipment including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other machinery;Customer interaction;
Qualifications Shift Company
- 0-2 : Some experience in retail or meat operations preferred
Piggly Wiggly Midwest LLC About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Company: Piggly Wiggly Midwest LLC
Job Area: Meat
Job Family: Retail
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: JC1901