Our global pharmaceutical client based in Milton Keynes is recruiting an Analytical Chemist to join their busy Quality Control team reporting to the QC Project Lead. This is a contract role initially signed off for 1 year with a possible extension offering an hourly rate between £15.00 - £22.50 per hour depending on experience, plus 25 days holiday pro rata and other benefits. Hours are Monday- Friday 37.5 hours per week.
Company / Division Overview
Our client is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, they are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Currently QC is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated analyst to -
- To support analytical method validation / improvements and method transfers between sites.
- Support activities in the areas of qualification of standards/controls used in in-process and final product testing within Analytical Chemistry lab.
- Expertise in Analytical Chemistry techniques is essential.
- Analytical Chemistry method validation / improvements and test transfer between labs/sites
- Validation of standards/controls used in in-process and final product testing.
- Drive change management for introduction of new / improved methods and validation of new equipment.
- Reporting and communication of results to stakeholders. Liaise with several departments - technical support groups, QA, Regulatory to drive project completion and deliver on milestones.
- Be able to produce technical documents such as protocols, testing and execution plans and final reports.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and be able to prioritise.
- The candidate will be required to report all laboratory activities in a clear, organised manner, in the form of reports, following the standard operating procedures.
- Good understanding and ability to perform efficient lab investigations arising from deviations or invalid/atypical results.
- The candidate should be able to provide training to staff on Analytical methods and equipment usage.
- Additionally, the candidate may be required to support laboratory investigations, perform troubleshooting exercises and participate in proof of principle studies.
- Reporting and investigation of OOS and OOT results, determine root causes and implementing effective CAPA actions.
- Perform project related literature searches.
- Interact closely with fellow scientists and global/regional colleagues within own and other departments.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary and international team and environment.
- Comply with Standard Operational Procedures (SOP's), GMP, ESH procedures and MSD corporate policies and process improvements.
- Maintain all documentation and training records as per GMP requirements.
- To comply with company's health and safety practices and procedures.
- Ensure positive, timely and effective communication with team members and internal customers.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties within the scope and grading of the post.
- Spectrophotometric Analyses (FTIR, UV/VIS), TOC
- Wet Chemistry techniques including titrations, digestions, full metal analysis
- GMP Compliance
- Minimum 5 years background in Pharmaceutical QA/Analytical Lead
- Raw Materials testing including pharmacopoeia
- Laboratory investigations
- Validation and method development
- MS Word and Excel
- Protocol and Report writing
- Ability to troubleshoot to resolve
- Able to communicate at all levels and across all functions
- Ability to communicate concise technical information with clarity
- Ideal candidate should be self-motivated, be able to work under pressure to deliver success within set timelines and hold a positive mind-set
- Able to assist in Fact finding discussions
- Flexible approach to changing priorities
- Attention to detail
- Fluent in English Speaking/writing
- Full Drivers Licence
- Cross functional work experience
- Degree in Applied Chemistry