This global organisation based in Farnborough, are looking for an Accounts Payable Controller to join their busy Accounts team.
This full-time position is offered initially on a temporary basis with the possibility of being made permanent. The office hours are 9 to 5.30 and the company offer a hybrid working scheme. This position would suit someone who has 2 -3 years accounts payable experience and who is immediately available or available at short notice.
Full time Accounts Payable Controller - About the Role
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Payable Controller will be responsible for all accounts payable duties and other ad hoc duties as required.
Your key responsibilities:
- Recording, coding and posting of purchase invoices through, ensuring correct matching with purchase orders.
- Processing any invoices received that do not require purchase orders.
- Checking credit cards and expenses have been entered correctly, dealing with any discrepancies and omissions.
- Investigate and resolve queries (e.g. where purchase invoices do not match purchase orders)
- Monthly review of purchase orders to work with budget holders and wider finance team to assess requirement for accruals and identify old POs that can be closed.
- Setting up regular payment runs ensuring all supporting information and approvals have been obtained
- Maintaining and reviewing the aged creditors ledger
- Petty cash - main point of contact for all petty cash requirements including recording transactions and monthly cash reconciliations
- Dealing with cash advance forms and foreign exchange requirements
- Reconcile supplier statements to supplier ledgers
- Point of contact for invoice capture and P/L queries
- Ad hoc work which will involve general accounting duties to help support as required the Finance team
The successful Accounts Payable Controller will have:
- Experience required of previous Accounts Payable roles
- Good Excel skills - intermediate level
- Experience of Access
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Positive 'can do' attitude
- Ability to help suggest and implement AP process improvements
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications, we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)